Monday, February 11, 2008

Diet Sodas Not Good for Your Diet

A new study shows that diet sodas may make you gain weight and increase your chances for diabetes and heart disease.

The study, of course, is on rats. The reasons why diet sodas made some rats gain weight is still in the early theories stage. But that is not stopping the powers that be from scolding us for consuming what was previously a guilt-free pleasure. Apparently, if you consume one or more diet soft drink a day you should immediately cut back.

Given my Diet Dr. Pepper habit, I'm doomed. Then again, I'm not overweight. Maybe I'm just lucky not to be a rat.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob Jackson said...

I told you so. My doctor told me so.

I would love to ban everything that has the word diet on it.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Alan Stewart Carl said...

How about "lite"? What if we enforced proper spelling but allowed the word to remain. I think that's the centrist solution.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home