Monday, January 21, 2008

Gloves Come Off in Democratic Debate

Did you see tonight's Democratic debate or at least catch the video clips (coverage here)? Obama changed the whining tone I noted earlier today into a very combative tone. Clinton responded with her own ferocity.

The result? It's all in the eye of the beholder. If you think Hillary is a lie-a-minute dirty politician, then Obama gave her a well-deserved lashing. If you think Obama is a snake oil salesman, then Clinton undressed him. For voters who are undecided, I guess John Edwards came out looking best as he stayed above the fray.

From my vantage point, Obama helped himself. I thought he appeared tough without seeming petty. But, then again, I'm no Hillary fan. What I do know is Democrats are going to have a lot of patching up to do at the convention.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home