Thursday, July 26, 2007

Panderers and Wingers

This is one of the big reasons why I have had so little to say recently. None of the Democratic presidential candidates will even make an appearance at the DLC event. None. Why? Well, either they are leftwingers who share no goals with the moderate DLC OR they're hardcore panderers who are scared shitless of the leftwingers in their own party. Either way, not a one of them is the type of leader I want in the White House.

Problem is, it's the same on the Republican side. I just don't have a convenient news article to prove my point. How can I sit here and write daily about a political situation that is at best stagnant and at worst intellectually and morally bankrupt? My will has waned. But I'm not done yet.

Will I be writing more often? Maybe. I don't know. I've got a lot going on outside of this blog world. But the very fact that this news story sent me rushing back to the blog shows that I've still got a few things to say ... even if all I'm doing is throwing tiny pebbles into a deep, dark lake.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Dyre42 said...

Not unlike how the GOP candidates are also skipping debates.

I'm of the opinion that now is the time for every person who walks a middle path to speak their loudest. After all its the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.

Besides I for one have missed reading your posts. Blogtopia would be a better place if there were a few more bloggers that were as concise and thoughtful as you tend to be.

1:26 AM  
Blogger Dennis Sanders said...

Alan,

I agree with Dyre42; now is the time for your voice to be heard. Please continue blogging; I miss your opinions.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well moderate voters COULD make the difference in this election.

But many analysts see a Democratic win as a foregone conclusion and many analysts see Hillary as getting the nomination.

Too bad nobody cares as much about local politics!

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home