Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Aack

No, I am not going to start titling all posts with exasperated sounds. It's just been one of those weeks. A ridiculous amount of work and a yard project that simply won't end have stolen all my time.

I do have things to say, just no time to say them. Here are my opinions in brief:

I see why Bush hates press conferences. The man simply can't speak off-the-cuff. He makes me cringe.

The Democrats don't really care about Iraq. They do care about America, which is important. But they don't really care what happens to Iraq.

John Edwards has risen in the polls because he has one thing most candidates lack: policy ideas on major issues.

Mitt Romney has raised a ton of money because ... um ... the Republicans are desperate for another option??

Iran is playing a dangerous game. Britain has handled itself admirably. Hopefully this will resolve itself peacefully. But either there's some serious craziness in Iran or they really believe the West (or at least the forceful West of America and Britain) have been made toothless by Iraq. Either way, I'm worried about what Iran has planned for the future.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Dennis Sanders said...

So, in your opinion, is the fact that the Dems don't care about Iraq, good, bad or neither?

I tend to agree that they don't care about Iraq. Which bothers me. I mean whatever we do (and I'm not sure what to do), we have to think about the people who are living there.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Alan Stewart Carl said...

I think it's a bad thing. All I hear is how we have to get out and stop spending so much money on Iraq (a perfectly legitimate opinion). But I haven't heard how the Dems plan to keep Iraq from tumbling into greater chaos once our troops and money are gone.

I get the sense the Dems aren't really concerned about the consequences -- that they don't feel responsibility for what happens to Iraq. That's a shame.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home