Thursday, November 02, 2006

Caught in the Spin Cycle

O.k., so apparently I’m less than perfect. I know, it’s as big a shock to me as it is to all five of my readers. I overreacted to the Kerry “stuck in Iraq” remark. I read it out of context (admittedly from a reputable news source, but still…) and assumed it was just Kerry being his usual condescending self – this time directing his smarter-than-thou remarks towards those who support the war and those who are fighting it.

I’ve now seen more of the speech and I can see how it was meant to be a joke directed at Bush. At least I am more than willing to take Kerry’s word for it. I amended the original post on the matter but wanted to place this up top. I still think Kerry and his ilk are bad for the Democratic party, but the senator deserves a pass on this one.

I got caught in the spin. It’s happened before and it’ll happen again. I make an effort to keep my footing but I can’t promise I always will. I can however promise to call myself out when I misstep.

Now, let’s get back to the issues that matter in this election…

6 Comments:

Blogger Chesty said...

Check out the photo on cover of today's New Pork Post. As I said, this theme touches a raw nerve in the ranks. I'm sure he didn't intend to insult anyone (except maybe W), but, dude...do what Imus said: Go windsurfing, go ride a bike, go crawl under a rock and don't come out 'til next Saturday.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Alan Stewart Carl said...

Chesty, I second that. The guy needs to go far, far away.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Chesty said...

That should have been New YORK Post...I apologize if that offended anyone; too much caffiene today.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Michael Reynolds said...

Damn, Alan, you couldn't tell that Kerry was joking? So famous a wit as John Kerry with his flawless timing and precise delivery? The man is the Seinfeld of American politics. He's the David Letterman of the Senate.

You know, it's amazing: we have the biggest fuck-up since Nixon in the White House and still no one is all that sorry Kerry lost.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Alan Stewart Carl said...

M. Tak.,

I am a very simple man and do not get the sophisticated humor of a man such as John Kerry. I mean, what's funnier and more original than calling Bush stupid? They should be doing this stuff on Saturday Night Live. Pure gold.

8:30 AM  
Blogger europa said...

Eerst Europa Doelstellingen: De Ci2i Verzekering (Ci2i) zal het nummer een gebrandmerkte pan Europese commoditized online verzekeringsmakelaar door 2010 zijn.

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home