Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Voted.

I had some free time and did the early voting thing today. There were about 50 elections on my ballot, most of them for various judges. In the 10 contested elections that were for Texas Congress, statewide office or U.S. Congress, my vote broke down as such:

Republicans: 4
Democrats: 3
Independents: 2
Libertarians: 1

I didn't set out to split my vote so evenly, it just happened. I voted for the candidates I thought would best represent my interests and perform the job most capably. We'll see how my votes fall into the bigger picture next Tuesday. I hope, if nothing else, my vote for Texas governor helps give my candidate the late surge needed to pass Perry. Unlikely ... but I can hope.

3 Comments:

Blogger griftdrift said...

You voted for Kinky Friedman didn't you.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Alan Stewart Carl said...

I don't remember. It all gets hazy after I got on Willie's bus to hear a talk about bio fuels.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Michael Reynolds said...

You're lucky. My ballot has a congressman who couldn't lose if he blew a Dalmatian outside the local Whole Foods and two unopposed state leg guys. Waste of time.

I'm sitting here looking at Realtor.com listings for New Hampshire. How much fun would it be to live in NH in 2008?

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home