Monday, February 04, 2008

Hell No

I’m for rational security meassures. But I'm strongly against the abdication of our privacy. So, this worries me . A lot.

And you know what worries me more? There will be a whole swath of people who’ll see nothing wrong with it – who’ll accuse me of not supporting law enforcement or of letting the terrorists and criminals get the upper hand. Wrong and wrong. I’m fine with taking the biometrics of convicted criminals and known terrorists. But the rest of us? Hell no.

We cannot allow near-constant, warrantless government surveillance become our solution to security issues. This FBI program could take us straight down that path. With enough personal information, the government could track our every move -- and anyone who doesn't see a problem with that is a stunningly blind optimist.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home