Saturday, February 18, 2006

A Welcome Message to New Readers

For those of you journeying to this site after my recent appearance on CNN, welcome. I am a writer whose views of the nation and world do not always mesh with either the Democrats or Republicans. If you read enough of what I have to say, you'll find me critical of both the left and right in America (and complimentary of both sides as well).

This is not your typical blog that is highly partisan with an interest in promoting one party over the other. I'm not interested in parties, but rather ideas. If you have some thoughts to share, feel free to post comments or e-mail me directly. I like debate and welcome all who engage in a civil exchange of ideas.

3 Comments:

Blogger AubreyJ......... said...

Great job Alan...
Very professional and on target with your views I thought...
(I guess we’re going to have to start calling you “Hollywood” from now out... Ha- ha...)
Take care...
AubreyJ.........

12:38 PM  
Blogger Michael Reynolds said...

When were you on CNN, and how did I miss it, and why wasn't it me? I think under the circumstances I have no choice but to associate myself with the comments of Jack Saint-James-Smythe (really?) above.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Rob Jackson said...

Alan, to your point on the racquetball court the other day, maybe you didn't make it clear enough on CNN that you're not in the habit of defending Dick Cheney. I still love you though and always will, even if you turn into a quail and get shot in the face.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home